Air conditioner units have become a crucial part of many households around the world. They are responsible for regulating the temperature of our homes, keeping us comfortable during hot summer days. However, like any other mechanical device, air conditioner units have a limited lifespan and can break down eventually, requiring an AC replacement in Garden Grove, CA.
Don’t let a broken AC ruin your summer. At Absolute Airflow, we understand the importance of a properly functioning air conditioner unit and are here to help you keep cool. Give us a ring today to set up an appointment and get started!
How Long Do Air Conditioner Units Last?
The average lifespan of an AC unit ranges from 10 to 15 years. However, with proper keeping and care, some units can last up to 20 years. The lifespan of an air conditioner unit is dependent on several factors, including the type of unit, the frequency of use, and the level of maintenance.
What Helps Air Conditioner Units Last Longer?
- Regular Maintenance: Routine maintenance, such as changing air filters, cleaning coils, and checking refrigerant levels, can significantly improve the lifespan of your air conditioner unit.
- Proper Installation: Professional installation of an air conditioner unit can prevent future issues and help your unit last longer.
- Quality Equipment: Investing in a high-quality air conditioner unit can help it last longer and require fewer repairs over its lifespan.
What Contributes to Premature Failure?
- Lack of Maintenance: Skipping routine maintenance tasks can lead to dirt buildup, clogged filters, and other issues that can cause your air conditioner unit to fail prematurely.
- Poor Installation: Incorrect installation can lead to future issues, such as refrigerant leaks or electrical problems, that can shorten the lifespan of your air conditioner unit.
- Low-Quality Equipment: Lower-quality air conditioner units may be less expensive upfront, but they often require more repairs and have a shorter lifespan than higher-quality units.
How Can I Help My Air Conditioner Unit Last Longer?
- Change Air Filters: Regularly changing air filters can improve airflow and reduce the workload on your air conditioner unit, extending its lifespan.
- Clean Coils: Dirty coils can cause your air conditioner unit to work harder than necessary, leading to premature failure.
- Schedule Maintenance: Scheduling regular maintenance with a professional HVAC company can help identify and prevent issues before they cause significant damage to your air conditioner unit.
Boost Your Thermostat: Boosting to a programmable thermostat can help regulate the temperature of your home more efficiently and reduce the workload on your air conditioner unit.
Contact Us for AC Repair and Replacement Services
At Absolute Airflow, we’re dedicated to providing top-notch HVAC services, like AC repair, to our valued customers in Corona, CA, and the surrounding areas. We believe that every client deserves personalized engagement and exceptional service, which is why we go above and beyond to ensure your complete pleasure. Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction stress you out – let our expert technicians take care of it for you. Contact us today to plan an appointment & learn why Absolute Airflow is a preferred AC company in Corona, CA.