As the temperatures increase, you rely on your air conditioning unit to maintain your home cool and comfortable. But what happens when your AC keeps running? This usually means you have an issue on your hands that will need to be addressed by a professional. If this happens to you, Absolute Airflow’s knowledgeable technicians will be able to lend a helping hand! Call us today for superb HVAC services, like AC replacement in Riverside, CA, area.
What Does It Mean When Your AC Keeps Running?
When your air conditioning unit runs continuously, it could indicate a problem with your system. There are several reasons why your AC may be running non-stop, such as:
- Thermostat Issues: One of the most common reasons for an AC to run continuously is due to thermostat issues. If your thermostat isn’t functioning correctly, it may not be sending the right signs to your AC unit. As a result, your air conditioner will continue to run in an effort to achieve the desired temperature, even if the temperature has already been reached.
- Dirty Air Filters: Another reason why your AC may run continuously is due to dirty air filters. Over time, air filters can become blocked with dust and debris, making it difficult for your AC to circulate cool air. When this happens, your AC will work harder to cool your home, which can cause it to run non-stop.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is a vital component in your AC system, and a leak can cause your unit to run continuously. A refrigerant leak can cause your AC to struggle to cool your home, which can lead to it running non-stop.
- Overheating Compressor: The compressor in your AC unit is responsible for circulating refrigerant throughout the system. If the compressor is overheating, it can cause your AC to run continuously. This can happen due to a lack of maintenance, dirty coils, or a refrigerant leak.
What Can You Do?
If your AC is running continuously or is not heating or cooling your home adequately, there is something you can do to resolve the issue.
- Change Your Air Filters: If your air filters are dirty, changing them can help improve airflow and reduce strain on your AC unit. This can help your AC cool your home more effectively and reduce your energy bills.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance: Regular maintenance can help prevent issues with your AC unit, such as dirty coils or refrigerant leaks. Our technicians can help keep your AC unit in good condition.
- Check Your Thermostat: If your thermostat is malfunctioning, it can send signals to your AC unit, causing it to run non-stop. Make sure your thermostat is set correctly, and consider replacing it if necessary.
- Call an AC Professional: If your AC unit is running non-stop or not heating or cooling your home adequately, it’s time to call the professionals. Great AC companies in Garden Grove, CA, like Absolute Airflow, have trained technicians who can diagnose and repair issues with your AC unit.
If your AC unit is running non-stop or not heating or cooling your home adequately, Absolute Airflow can help. We provide AC installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services to customers in Garden Grove, CA, and the surrounding area. Contact us today to plan an appointment and keep your home comfortable all year long.