Summer is here, and the last thing you want is for your HVAC system to stop working. If your HVAC is not cooling, don’t panic. There are several easy fixes for this common problem.
Keep reading, and we will also provide tips on maintaining your system, so it continues to work correctly. If you live in Garden Grove, CA, and need the assistance of a professional HVAC contractor, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Absolute Airflow at (833) 482-2626.
Common Causes of HVAC Malfunctions
- Thermostat Issues: Before checking the unit, ensure the thermostat is set correctly. Check the battery and make sure it is not dead. If the thermostat is still not working, it may be time to replace it.
- Dirty Air Filter: A dirty air filter can reduce the Airflow in your system, causing it to work harder than it should. Change the air filter every 3-6 months.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is an essential component of your HVAC system. If there is a leak, your unit may not be able to cool your home correctly. A professional HVAC contractor can help you find and fix refrigerant leaks.
- Dirty Coils: The evaporator and condenser coils are critical components of your system. Dirt and debris can build up on these coils, reducing their efficiency. A professional HVAC contractor can clean the coils to improve performance.
- Clogged Air Ducts: Clogged air ducts can reduce Airflow, causing your unit to work harder than it should. A professional HVAC contractor can inspect and clean the air ducts to improve performance.
Hidden Issues That Can Cause Your HVAC System to Stop Cooling
- Improperly-Sized HVAC System: An HVAC system that is too small or too large for your home can cause cooling problems. A professional technician can assess your unit to determine the best size for your home. If you have an existing system that is not the right fit for your home, contact our specialists for heating, ventilation, and AC replacement in Garden Grove, CA, and the surrounding areas.
- Leaky Ductwork: Leaky ductwork can cause your HVAC system to work harder than it should, reducing its efficiency and lifespan. A professional contractor can repair leaky ductwork to improve performance.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils: The evaporator coils play a critical role in removing heat from the air in your home. Dirty coils can reduce efficiency. A professional contractor can clean the coils to improve performance.
- Clogged Drain Lines: The drain lines in your unit carry away excess moisture. If the lines become clogged, it can cause water damage, mold growth, and other serious problems. Our professional HVAC contractors in Garden Grove, CA, can clear the drain lines to prevent problems.
How to Maintain Your HVAC System
Following simple maintenance steps is vital to maintain your system. Here are some tips:
- Change the air filter every 3-6 months.
- Clean the air ducts regularly.
- Have your unit inspected and serviced annually.
- Keep the outdoor unit free from debris, and make sure it is adequately sealed.
In conclusion, if your HVAC system is not cooling, there could be several reasons causing this problem. One of our expert technicians will be able to pinpoint the cause and provide professional HVAC repair services to quickly fix it if you live in the Riverside, CA, area. So don’t hesitate to contact Absolute Airflow at (833) 482-2626. Our experienced contractors are here to help you keep your home comfortable and cool all year round.